Monday, March 1, 2010

Ambassadresses.

My small group is currently reading Forgotten God by Francis Chan. In it, Francis Chan uses the word ambassadors to refer to believers. We as Holy Spirit-filled believers are to be ambassadors. I've heard this term used before to refer to Christians, however never really thought it through. When I was having coffee with God this morning, I really began to think about this term ambassador. What would the US ambassador to France be doing right now? I got out my dictionary, and looked it up. There were several definitions, but two really struck me.
1)the highest ranking diplomatic representative appointed by one country to represent it in another &
2)one on a special diplomatic mission



That is what God's children are. We are ambassadors (or ambassadresses, women) How amazing is it, that God has appointed us to be ambassadors and representatives for Him on Earth. Heaven is our home land, Earth isn't. What we really have to remember is that in order to carry out our ambassadorial (that might not be a word) duties, we must let the Holy Spirit fill us and ask in genuine faith where we are to go, and what we are to do. Obedience to the direction of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is here.

Jesus told his disciples "but I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you." (John 16:7)

A few verses later, He says:
"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on His own; He will speak only what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to Me by taking from what is Mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is Mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is Mine and make it known to you." (John 16:13-15)

Obedience to the Holy Spirit=Faith in the promises of God
We cannot have fear.



No comments:

Post a Comment